Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12!

Today we illustrated our snowman writing papers.  The kids reminded their bellybuttons of their "If I was a snowman" sentence.  I modeled how to make sure that the illustration matches the sentence that they will write tomorrow.  We also talked about adding details to the picture so that our readers really understand what we are trying to say.  They were very good at this!  They told me I should add a night sky (because that is when snowmen come alive!).  They also had me add a scarf, mittens, and a hat to my drawing.

After recess we read yet another gingerbread book, The Gingerbread Girl Goes Animal Crackers.  After the reading we turned the kiddos into gingerbread cookies, added buttons, frosting, and sprinkles.  They looked good enough to eat!

During math we explored 2D shapes and tried to compose new shapes using two or more attribute blocks.  The kids turned squares into rectangles, rectangles into squares, and triangles into rhombuses!  

Thank you to everyone who volunteered to send in supplies for next week's party!

No comments:

Post a Comment