Thursday, November 8, 2012

November 8

Happy Birthday to our friend Jerry!!  He turned six today and we celebrated with some yummy "6" cookies!
We also read The Little Red Hen Makes a Pizza and compared it to yesterday's story, The Little Red Hen and the Grain of Wheat.  I was so lucky that all of my friends helped me make these mini pizzas that we snacked on!
A member from each table helped make the "dough," spread the sauce, sprinkle the cheese, and place the pepperonis! 



At the end of the day the kids played "War" to compare numbers from 0-14.  The person with the greater number got to keep the cards.  They really enjoyed this game, it may be perfect to practice with a sibling at home!

 
The kids also wrote their soldier sentences today.  I am really excited to see our Veterans Day project come together tomorrow and get it all ready to ship off to my brother!
 
I am looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow night!  My hubs is busy making his special chili for the cook-off!

No comments:

Post a Comment