Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6

Thank you so much for all of the sweet cards that you and your kiddos made to make me feel special!  It means the world to me to know how much you care.  I also want to apologize for the lapse in blog posts.  I don't know about you guys but that field trip wore me out last Wednesday!  Plus we were trying to get ready for Baby E's first birthday!  Now that all of that has passed, I am ready to fill you in on what has been going on in Kinder World!

We were so fortunate to have beautiful weather for our field trip!  Thank you for sharing your pictures with me!  We have changed email programs and I am working to download the files to my computer.  Here are some of the activity I was able to capture:







We spent a lot of time last week completing an opinion piece about the best part of our trip to be used as the 4th quarter writing assessment.  We learned about decomposing numbers.  We also practiced for our upcoming kindergarten program!

Today we learned about why we have day and night.  We did a quick experiment with a flashlight as the sun and a ball as the Earth.  The kids recorded their observations in their space journals. 

We practiced half of our program and some of the kids learned what parts they will be playing.  A note will come home later this week with your child's assignment so you can start putting together their outfits!

The kids watched "Out of this World," a Magic School Bus episode about space while the teachers worked on end of the year assessments. 

To finish our day we spent time in the center room.  Kids made name rockets, practiced almost-first-grade skills, played in the space station, dug for treasures, and built elaborate buildings.  It was nice spending time just being kids!

We are going to plant our May Day flowers either tomorrow or Wednesday depending on how saturated the soil is.  Please send your kiddos in play clothes that can get "soiled!" 

1 comment:

  1. Kindergarten looks like SO much fun !! I've enjoyed following the blog from home in Nebraska. (Caleb's "Buddy" Grandma)

    ReplyDelete